Contemporary Venice journey, a professional-guided urban trek, takes you through the modern architecture highlights in the city, enhancing the contemporary secrets in Venice. Architecture and art are inextricably linked in Venice, as indeed are the surviving architectural styles. Viaggi di Architettura invites you to discover the city that is remarkably known for Gothic masterpieces from a different angle.
– Prada Foundation: home to contemporary collection art collection belonging to the Prada – Bertolli duo
– François Pinault Foundation: Tadao Ando’s minimal renovation of the former customs office opened in 2005 for the Pinault collection
– Casa Cicogna alle Zattere: a rare example of modernist architecture in the Venice Lagoon by Ignazio Gardella
– Palazzo Fortuny: the natives’ favourite museum dedicated to the life and works of the Spanish artist and his partner and muse Henriette Nigri
– Cà Giustinian: A masterpiece of modern architecture, a design museum with a priceless collection of Olivetti typewriters and calculators
– Fondazione Querini Stampalia: an architectural complex, part of which dates back at least to the 1500s alongside twentieth-century interventions by Carlo Scarpa, Valeriano Pastor and Mario Botta
– Peggy Guggenheim Collection: housed in the eccentric heiress’s 18th century palace on Canal Grande, the collection includes works by prominent Cubists, Surrealists and Abstract expressionists, as well as an exciting collection of Italian futurists