Delve proposes a condensed tour to Paris, a showplace for many architects over the centuries and get a taste of what the city has to offer. Historical iconic monuments The Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame de Paris, Eiffel Tower and the Champ de Mars; a nice walk up the only hill in Paris to reach the La Basilique du Sacré Coeur de Montmartre and in the evening Moulin Rouge, most famous cabaret house in the world are perfectly in tune with the contemporary architecture.
Walking through the Banks of River Seine (Quais de la Seine) we will reach Ile Saint-Louis, one of the two natural islands in the Seine river where France’s first urban planning was mapped. Start our tour from the 4th arrondissement by visiting Centre Georges Pompidou by Renzo Piano & Richard Rogers; passing through the Stravinsky fountain we reach The Ircam (Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique/Musique) by Renzo Piano Building Workshop. Next stop is the Pavillion de l’Arsenal by Bernard Reichen / Philippe Robert and see the permanent exhibition dedicated to the metropolis of Paris as it was, is and will be. Visit the narrowest, picturesque streets Rue de Venise. An excursion on the River Seine with a Bateaux Mouches gives visitors a different perspective of the city. In the 7th arrondissement, it is worth visiting Musée du Quai Branly by Jean Nouvel, Louvre Pyramid by I.M. Pei/Duval/Macary/Wilmotte, and Ministry of Culture by Francis Soler/Fredric Druot. In the remainder of the day, lingering around Rue St-Honoré, Place Vendome and surroundings is quite pleasant. There are 20 administrative districts “arrondissement” in Paris. List of places to see is very long hence there are many architectural icons to observe and visit.
– Cité des Sciences et de l’industrie by Fainsilber
– Notre Dame de Pentecôte Church by Franck Hammoutène
– Mémorial des Martyrs de la Déportation by Georges-Henri Pingusson
– Citè de la Musique by C. de Portzamparc
– Institut du Monde Arabe by Jean Nouvel & Architecture-Studio
– National Library of France by Dominique Perrault
– Le Cinémathèque Française by Gehry Partners
– Citroën C42 showroom by Manuelle Gautrant
– Édouard François’s Flower Tower
– La Grande Arche de la Défense by Johann Otto Von Spreckelsen & Paul Andreu
– Docks of Paris redesigned by the architects Jakob + MacFarlane, the complex was once a turn-of-the-last-century, now home to Cité de La Mode et du Design by Jakob + Macfarlane
– While enjoying Parisian architecture, add a shopping experience at The Galeries Lafayette not just a department store but a fashion institution as popular as le Bon Marché and Le Printemps on the same street next to the Opera Garnier.