Creative energy experience
Where: Milan, Zona Tortona
Creative energy experience is a walk in the former industrial area south-west of central Milan. Industry is back, and how, but now it’s all about creative energy. Zona Tortona has become one of the city’s trendiest neighbourhoods, where architects strut their stuff in real-estate conversions and boundless talent is liberally applied to fashion and design. Zona Tortona climaxes every year during Milano Design Week’s Fuorisalone, when a swarm of global visionaries and design junkies descend to show or soak up what’s new, network and party in some of the most fascinating locations. Still, the area buzzes all year round with the vibes from art studios, design workshops, showrooms, stores and multifunctional spaces. Our expert guide guarantees an insider experience of architecture and design hotspots and introduces you to some of the main players
– Design Library: a true institution to the design scene in Milan it features a multimedia library, cosmopolitan café and regular events for architects and designers.
– Teatro Armani: former Nestlé factory building now used for Giorgio Armani’s fashion shows
– Superstudio Più: created in the former Milanese HQ of General Electric, the space hosts performances, conventions, exhibits and creative-oriented events
– Dada Café: interiors by Slide and panel sculptures by Flavio Lucchini
– Tortona 37: one of the liveliest hubs of fashion and design in Europe
– Via Stendhal and Via Savona: home to showrooms of Diesel, Allegri, Fendi, Ermenegildo Zegna, Hogan and Stone Island, among others.
– Spazio FMG: exhibit space dedicated to architecture
– Magna Pars Suites: hi-tech and eco-friendly, also a fragrance hotel, the first of its kind