Discover Rotterdam and Amsterdam
Where: Rotterdam and Amsterdam
Delve proposes an expedition to Rotterdam and Amsterdam, two famous Dutch cities for their innovative and original architecture. An itinerary that winds around buildings designed by Rietveld, Foster, Piano, Mecanoo, MVRDV and OMA amongst many others. Thanks to many avant-garde and interesting interpretations of urban development, Rotterdam has become the capital of Architecture.
Rotterdam : One of the symbols of modern architecture in Rotterdam is the Wilhelminapier, a small peninsula at the foot of the Erasmus bridge, has become the symbols of modern architecture in Rotterdam. There are multiple architectural icons such as the Hotel New York, De Rotterdam conceived as a vertical city.
Amsterdam: Amsterdam is a fascinating city of art with architectural icons from 17th century to modern interpretations.
– ING Group Headquarters by Meyer van Schooten
– Cube Houses by Piet Blom
– Schouwburgplein by West 8
– Van Nelle Factory by Brinkman & Van de Vlugt
– Nemo Museum (old New Metropolis) by Renzo Piano
– Museumplein by Sven-Ingvar Andersson
– Rijksmuseum rebuilding by Antonio Cruz and Antonio Ortiz
– Eye Museum, a film museum, by Delugan Meissl Associated Architects
– Eastern Docklands, a new residential area where renowned architects old docks and port buildings into houses