Hidden French concession
The French Concession was established in 1849 as territory in Shanghai for a French settlement. This neighbourhood hosts gems typically French influenced, merged with the local context. The journey take place among quiet and leafy streets, with some stops to meaningful highlights of architecture, shops and cozy cafes.
– Route Ferguson (Wukang Road), full of a well-preserved examples of a residential houses in the former French Concession, along with nice cafes and restaurants
– Avenue Joffre (Huahai Road), a mix of old and new architectures and shopping area
– Normandie Apartments, on Avenue Joffre
– Clements Apartments on Rue Lafayette
– Former Avenue Joffre police station
– A hidden cafe with a selection of vintage pieces
– The journey will be mainly by feet.