Shenzhen architecture exploration
In just three decades, Shenzhen has grown from being a small fishing village of just 30,000 people into an economic powerhouse. Glimmering towers and innovative architectures are popping-up everyday, changing the face of the city and adding to China’s ever-growing presence a key player in the international architecture and design circuit. Architecture in Shenzhen surveys the contemporary condition of the city’s built environment, showcasing a range of innovative projects.
We will guide you seeing new key-architectures recently completed in Shenzhen. The selection aims to show the new side of Shenzhen, the city of design, where world famous firms have left their imprint.
– Shenzhen Stock Exchange Operation Center designed by OMA in the middle of Shenzhen CBD
– Shenzhen Library and Shenzhen Concert hall designed by Arata Isozaki (we’ll visit the library)
– The iconic civic center arena, an architecture that was completed in 2004 and became one of the symbols of the city.
– MOCAPE, an intriguing contemporary art museum designed by Coop Himmelb(l)au
– Shen Ye Upper Hills, a new mixed-use development designed by SOM Architects
– The Muji hotel and the Muji Flagship store
– Hui Hotel, a boutique hotel with a wraparound terrace to have a glimpse of Shenzhen’s skyline